I'm Ali, Photographer and boss mama at Sound Roots Photography. I work within West Seattle, Burien, and the South Sound area specializing in newborn, maternity, and family photo sessions.
I moved to West Seattle from California 12 years ago. I'm married to a union electrician (and all around great guy) and we have an eight year old son, four year old daughter, and a black lab/beagle mix of a dog. I've been an elementary school educator for over 12 years with many years in Kindergarten, hence my ability to think on my feet and engage young children and families during my photography sessions. My colleagues have said that I'm always looking for ways to help others. I love documenting life and helping others to capture these moments before they escape our memories forever.
A perfect day for me involves sitting around a fire, drinking chai tea, listening to the sounds of the ocean and some uptempo music, wrapped by the warmth of a cozy blanket, while diffusing essential oils and belly laughing from something one of my kids just did or another family member just said. A perfect day for me also could involve sitting around a pool with friends, soaking up sunshine, drinking margaritas and eating taco after taco and getting to lick the bowl of guacamole.
Joy. Adventure. Laughter. Connection. Light. Your stories. The details of your life. Relationships and Connection. These are what you get with me and Sound Roots Photography. The days are long and the years are short.
If my images speak to you and you feel like we connect, I would love to be your photographer.
The Essential Five
1. Avocados and Guacamole are my favorites with an oakey buttery Chardonnay close behind.
2. If asked to choose a river, a lake, or the ocean...I choose the pool. ;-)
3. I am an underbuyer and a minimalist wannabe, which is why my kids are actually grateful for new pants and underwear!
4. I am obsessed with traditions and bucket lists.
5. My Love Language is Quality Time, my Gretchen Rubin Tendency is an Upholder, and I'm an Enneagram 7 (minus all the concert going stuff).
*Image by Emazing Photography