I'm Ali, Photographer and boss mama at Sound Roots Photography. I work within West Seattle, Burien, and the South Sound area specializing in newborn, maternity, and family photo sessions.
I moved to West Seattle from California 12 years ago. I'm married to a union electrician (and all around great guy) and we have a ten year old son, almost six year old daughter, and a black lab/beagle mix of a dog. I was an elementary school educator for over 12 years with many years in Kindergarten, hence my ability to think on my feet and engage young children and families during my photography sessions. My colleagues have said that I'm always looking for ways to help others. I love documenting life and helping others to preserve these moments before they escape our memories forever.
A perfect day for me involves sitting around a fire, drinking chai tea, listening to the sounds of the ocean and some uptempo music, wrapped by the warmth of a cozy blanket, while diffusing essential oils and belly laughing from something one of my kids just did or another family member just said. A perfect day for me also could involve sitting around a pool with friends, soaking up sunshine, drinking margaritas and eating taco after taco and getting to lick the bowl of guacamole. I'm earthy with a little bit of gold glitter. ;-)
Joy. Adventure. Laughter. Connection. Light. Your stories. The details of your life. Relationships and Connection. These are what you get with me and Sound Roots Photography. The days are long and the years are short.
If my images speak to you and you feel like we connect, I would love to be your photographer.
The Essential Five
1. I create high quality images in a playful, relaxed, flexible way with quality time for you together.
2. I have systems to make your life easier. Communication with me is simple and easy.
3. I am go with the flow, yet am comfortable directing those that need some direction.
4. I'm drawn to light and shadows and storytelling. Each session is therefore unique to you and me.
5. My Clients are my village and I am theirs. You get sick, I've got your soup. You need something at the store, I'll pick it up for
The Fun Five
1. Avocados and Guacamole are my favorites with an oakey buttery Chardonnay close behind.
2. If asked to choose a river, a lake, or the ocean...I choose the pool. ;-)
3. I am an underbuyer and a minimalist wannabe, which is why my kids are actually grateful for new pants and underwear!
4. I am obsessed with traditions and bucket lists.
5. My Love Language is Quality Time, my Gretchen Rubin Tendency is an Upholder, and I'm an Enneagram 7 (minus all the concert going stuff).
*Image by Madison DuBois